Sunday, March 21, 2004

Yeah, great one. Yesterday I post a budding flower and it's beautiful out and today, it's freezing and snowing. At least it's sunny.

Last night I went to see The Liars. There's an audio post of it on my found blog. I haven't listened to it yet, though I can tell you it consists of an entire song. The show itself was a little disappointing, but something happened to me while I was there, and I think it was not coincidental. I felt creative. I took several pictures from the vantage of the windows. I'm excited about the pictures. Maybe I'll post them somewhere. But either way, it was partly because the singer, Angus Andrew, mentioned that we were in beautiful surroundings and that we, the audience, should look out the window. I took his advice. Then took some pics. I tried taking a picture of his shadow, looming like a phantom, in huge over-size, on the wall above the window. I hope it came out.

Young People opened and I wanted to like them, but ultimately did not, so much. The singers voice sounded like a cross between Jenny Toomey (Tsunami, Grenadine) and Siouxsie Sioux, of Siouxsie and the Banshees.

I also ran into several random people. Phoebe, the girl who serves me coffee at Half and Half, in Wicker Park; Gayle, my friend from high school (and from the present); Mark Frietas, former HomoCore activist/organizer, current label guy (don't know the label's name) and current member of Rotten Fruits, and also Elliot, sound man extraordinaire, who did a wonderful job of pounding our collective eardrums.

Oh, I saw that someone found me by Yahoo! searching my name. Cool. I wish I could figure out who it was. Maybe they'll tell me...?

_______________

Lots of updates today, mostly behind-the-scenes type stuff, including adding hidden tags that will make searches for "dreams" or "music" or "found objects" lead to my pages. I did add a found object, though.