Monday, April 05, 2004

Yesterday had brunch at Angelina's. The food was pretty good. I had a salad and banana french toast, strangely enough.

Anyway, there was a couple sitting next to our table and they had one of those lamb cakes sitting on their table the whole time. Later, they stuck a knife into its back. I said it needed some blood, so I put a strawful of bloody mary so it was pouring out of the wound. It was pretty cool.

This picture was taken using my friend Desiree's Nokia 3600 phone. Damn, I need one of those camera phones. I then emailed it to myself and to the couple. I asked them what the deal was with the lamb cake.



Turns out, they were in love. They originally fell in love, according to them, while going out on faux-dates. See, one of them was always getting dates and the other was not. They theorized that the key to starting dating is to actually start. Like the law of inertia applies to dating. So the one with lots of dates went out with the one lacking in order to spur new momentum in the labor of love. But then they fell in love. And I guess on the faux-date where they came to the realization that they were in love, they had a cross-shaped cake and it was a year ago on Palm Sunday (I think). Funny story.