Tuesday, August 03, 2004

a losing battle

A renewed interest in making posts. Just bloggin'. Gotta stay focused, aware, motivated.

Sunday night I went to see PAL at the Bottom Lounge. I'm still wearing my little drinking bracelet cuz it's blue and it matches my two jelly bracelets that are oh-so-eighth-grade. PAL was good. They're inspiring with their simple song structures and unabashed emotion. The sound is at once off-putting and toe-tapping. Black Helicopter could be a single, and it's about [I think] the government doing things covertly [like Black Ops]. The chorus is:
"Cuz it's here and it's now/there's a door breaking down
with your hands in the air/and you're thrown to the ground"


It's catchy and violent and disturbing.

The band after them was called the something Doyles or something. The first song featured bagpipes. This was cool.

The second song started without bagpipes and I was ready to leave.