Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Friend Department Memo: Supply Diminishing

How do all you people have time to keep up with groups and interesting blogs and height-of-cleverdom snarky commentary?


Ugh.


I've been in the cafe for like two hours and haven't gotten a lick of work done and this is my first moment of creativity!


Right now I'm waiting to hear from Pep Boys about my mother's car. Todo Sobre (la coche de) mi Madre. See, last week it wouldn't start. Since Tuesday's my only day off, I waited till today to take care of it. Hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg. (I'm not gonna pay a lot for this muffler!) And also hopefully, it will be done with some vestige of alacrity. We'll see.


What else? Last night I went bowling with my friends. That was fun. I think I came in second or third one game and I think I won the other, but honestly I don't remember. I am so non-competitive, I could totally beat you at it.


This group of friends and I used to go bowling every monday. This group of friends has also slowly suffered from a severe attrition rate. Our third member is moving (this one to SF), so we're getting down to a bare-bones group. These are tough times in the friend business.


There's a MySpace Chicago group meeting this wednesday which takes place at the same time as a show that I'd like to attend. Trying to figure out how (if possible) to do both. There will be one or two people who I've never met there and would like to meet, but I guess there's always next time, right?


More Meetro stuff: So, that black drag queen who hit on me? She's Taj Mahal, a local performer. I've seen her in a few shows, including Who's That Girl, about which I've blogged before. She's a nice gal. Anyway, she's looking for a job, so if anybody knows of an opening somewhere where people are pretty liberal (who want's to hire a drag queen, right? Which reminds me, the hirer should also not be some trans fetishist freak and want to put the moves on her, but I suppose that goes without saying), she's a nice lady and says she's a hard worker. Interestingly, she used to manage an optical practice in North Carolina (I think), but she's not an optician, so I can't hire her, but it's something I'm considering - don't know how that would fly with my partners or investors, but never hurts to ask, right? Heck, we've had at lleast one drag king buy glasses from us, maybe we'll find a niche market!