Sunday, June 22, 2008

2 strange dreams

On Friday:
I was some sort of super-human. Kind of like a Superman or Supreme. I don't really remember much from this dream. I remember swimming or flying really low next to a character kind of like aquaman. And there was a boat. I'm assuming I had some "adventures" before getting to the crux of the dream, which was as follows.

For some reason, I feel compelled to eat a whole bunch of tomatoes. Like, crates and crates of them. A roomful. After I finish that, I'm in a room full of mechanical parts and scrap metal. I compulsively grab these pieces and sort of place them near my body and they somehow start fusing to me. Before I know it, I notice that I'm starting to take the shape of a small space shuttle. Somehow I work out in my head that the concentration of chemicals in tomatoes when processed by my body can create a small nuclear detonation, but because I ate so much, it will be a HUGE detonation. I also somehow realize that all that I'm doing is leading toward a kamikaze mission into the sun. Just as I realize this, I "take off." I scream loudly at the realization that I'm about to die.

The End

This morning:
I am a chef and owner of a restaurant as well as the mayor of a big city. My restaurant is three stories and the most successful and critically acclaimed in the city. There are a number of other restaurants in this dream too.

There is this sort of intrigue going on throughout the whole dream. I'm trying to find out something and it's as much a spy dream as it is a culinary one.

I remember on the third floor of my restaurant, the floor is a sort of patchwork of steel with gaps between that one could possibly fall through and all the waiters are so used to walking over the flooring and I'm trying to and really scared and they're all behind me kind of impatient, but also they're my employees so they have to be patient and helpful.

Another weird aspect of this dream is that all the restaurants, instead of serving desserts, they have at the back of the restaurant, "candy bars." Meaning, they have these bars where they serve a specialized type of candy (chocolate, caramel, chocolate mint, etc.). This actually strikes me as a great idea in reality. First of all, they were charging exorbitant prices. Like, $22 fora 2"X2" square of chocolate. You can get them served on a plate or in a fancy wrapper to take home and enjoy later. If a real restaurant were to do this, it would increase the chance of someone getting dessert from someone who's too full to eat it right there. In my dream, these candy bars are super in vogue and people would come to the restaurants just for the chocolates. It kind of reminded me of that chocolatier on Division called Coco Rouge.

The only other part I remember was when I was in one of the restaurants and the owner, a woman, gave me a plate of chocolates and I was thinking that she was either trying to impress me or she was trying to distract me. I really wish I could remember more of this dream because it was kind of epic.