Monday, June 30, 2008

Jolie Dream

I woke up this morning at three o'clock from a dream and it took me forever to fall back asleep. It wasn't exactly a nightmare, but for some reason, it shook me awake the same way a nightmare does.

I dreamt that I met Angelena Jolie at a party. In the dream, I'd met her once before, too. And she'd borrowed a pen from me. Anyway, we're at this party and when I start talking to her, I'm kind of all starstruck and saying dumb stuff and I bring up the fact that we'd met before and how she borrowed my pen and I'm all like, "I leant Angelena Jolie my pen," and for some reason, she thinks this is a little creep but also endearing.

So we're talking more and she tells me that Brad has left her and now she's raising the kids on her own and I was really really saddened by this news and I keep thinking how big of a dick he is for doing this, but then I sort of talk about how she's a pretty independent woman and was she not really upset about having to raise the kids alone, but really she's upset about the failure of the relationship and all this stuff.

We had some real sweet moments and it was so weird and I later woke up and couldn't fall back asleep and I kept thinking of all the things I didn't ask her, especially about her tattoos because it is probably something we'd have in common and then I just kept thinking it's not like I'm gonna get a chance to actually talk to her, so what difference does it make what I did or didn't say?