Friday, May 07, 2004

I wrote a new article for In The Periphery.

Last night I worked on some studies for a new painting that I'll be working on. It's a series of self portraits centered around a found object. The object is a child's writing/spelling assignment. It's in pencil on that really big-lined paper that you use when you're first learning penmanship. It's just 8 statements that all begin "I am.." and end with a color. So the painting will be of 8 portraits all using a monochrome of a specific color (I'll be using one other color as well - usually the color's compliment, if applicable). This study is a watercolor, but I will probably do the painting in acrylic on panel. The piece will also have other found objects incorporated into it as well. It sounds abstract now, but it will be cool. Anyway, here are the pics of the studies from yesterday. The red watercolor and just a sketch of what will be the blue study.