Wednesday, June 16, 2004

New York Photos part 1

Over the next few days I'll be presenting photos of highlights of my trip to New York. Lots of stuff going on there. Nice city. A little dirty and stinky at times, but I suppose you probably get used to it.

During our stay, we saw three musicals. All Tony Award Winners: Wicked, Tony Kushner's newest play, Caroline, or Change and Assasins. All three were excellent, but I've listed them in order (in my opinion) of best to least best. Take it for what it's worth.

Now, onto the first batch of images.



It's a cliche, but Times Square is just so damn photogenic. It seems like it's grown in the past five years, getting closer and closer to images I've seen of Tokyo. It feels like Bladerunner's future is almost upon us every time I look upon it.



I think this is the Queensboro Bridge, but I'm probably wrong. I do know for a fact that the picture was taken outside the Conran shop.



I also know that I took this picture right after the previous, and that this thing holds aloft that mass transit thingy that the Green Goblin in Spider Man tried to knock down when he was trying to get Spidey to choose between being a hero and saving Mary Jane Watson. Go Spidey Go!



Here's a pic of me and former Illinoisan, Joe Martine. We're standing outside the Apple Store. In New York, they call it the Mac store. Which is silly because the Mac (the cosmetic) store is right down the street and it just seems confusing to me, but whatever. Joe rules and he swears he's moving to Canada to escape the dictator-like regime of the president were stuck with. You know, the one who cheated to get to be president. That one.



Darcy (I hope I'm spelling it right) was a lovely and nice bartender who served us drinks at APT very early Monday morning as we partied the night away. I thanked her for being so nice and I loved her dress. I also gave her my card, a Farewell Society CD and told her to google "Darcy New York" in about a week and she'd see her picture. Hopefully she really will. And then she'll sign the guestbook. Hi, Darcy!

(By the way, Farewell Society is now up on MySpace and Mperia.com, you should go check out what's going on!)



Finally, here's me standing near the Cellular Skull. I'm assuming it's a commentary on the dangers of cellular phone use. I just think it's cool.

More public art coming tomorrow.

Peace.