Friday, November 12, 2004

Post Election De(com)pression

First, I've added RSS capability to my blog. I've added it to the main link of this post for anyone who wants to use it. More news on what the RSS can do later, as I learn what the hell I'm doing.
* * *

On election night, I went to a party/concert that was a hopefully pre-emptive vicory party, but alas it didn't work out that way. My buddy Seth's band, PAL, played, as well as a couple other bands whose names escape me. I can probably recall them if I try or do some research, but all I'll tell you that with the first band the guitarist was really tall and pretty cute and the drummer was a little person with a funny hat and they played blues-style music.

The second band was really awesome and I guess the Hothouse's (where the event took place) house band for that night of the week (Tuesday). The bassist played and upright bass and was also an extremely talented multi-instrumentalist and did lots of crazy live sequencing things. They were a four-piece, but mainly just he and the drummer only ever played instruments. The main singers were two black guys with long dreds and the overall sound was a little world music-y. OK, I looked it up because I was remembering that they were really good. They're called Star People. And the cute guy band was The Chariots and I think I recall something about it being their debut show or something.

There were quite a few characters in the audience, my favorite of whom was "the sexy girl" as Erik and I dubbed her. She's one of those big-breasted girls who always looks seductive. Like, you can imagine her at the grocery store and it looking like she's flirting with the produce section or whatever. Here's a picture of the sexy girl.

PAL was the main attraction for me. Here're a bunch of photos from their performance.





* * *

The other night, I was walking out of my apartment and in order to leave, I walk through my studio, which is a black hole of mess right now. On the way out, I saw a grouping of found objects from my last found post and the tiara was missing. My landlord has access to my apartment and I was like, "did someone steal my tiara?" But then I realized I'd used it as a memento in my Memory Box as a remembrance of Halloween this year. I'll eventually document what the hell a Memory Box is, but basically, it's just a box of mementos with some documentation of where the objects are from and what significance they have to me. Anyway, I had used the tiara in my Memory Box and forgot. Here's a picture of the tiara for a visual.

* * *

Lastly, the other night I went to a show at Empty Bottle. It was a band called 00|00, featuring some chick from Japanese Sensation The Boredoms (whom I've never heard, but apparently they're pretty big). A band called Pit Er Pat opened, whom I liked pretty well, and would have bought a CD, had someone ever manned their table. Here's a couple pics of Pit Er Pat.


The girl had a great voice that sounded a little like Bjork and the guy looked like one the gay boys I saw at Rainbo that one night.

Oh yeah, and here's a pic of the girl from 00|00 ("hello, we are oh oh eye oh oh and we are from Japan.") playing a trumpet.