Sunday, January 15, 2006

Work myself sick; working feverishly

So, over the last couple weeks I've been getting ready for this art opening at Cocktail, tomorrow. Last week I developed a cold, but thought nothing of it. Just some sniffles and a little cough. Well, Friday my illness upgraded from cold to flu and I developed a fever. It was the full-on kind of fever with deep chills and the kind of ache where somehow my eyeballs hurt just from closing my lids. It was odd how it was 7:00 and I felt fine and planned on going to a party later and then suddenly it was 10:00 and I was calling in my regrets and hurrying off to bed.

Anyway, here I am, the night before the show and I'm still pretty under the weather and I've got all my pieces finished and my little price/title placards printed up and just hoping beyond hope that I'll wake up tomorrow morning feeling refreshed.