Saturday, April 08, 2006

New Art And a Show

 I am a part of a group show called Oscillating Oscelot put on by my friend Anna as Manual Productions. It will be at an impromptu gallery space on Division near Hoyne. I was in San Francisco for the opening, but the closing is Friday April 21st. The piece is an installation using wire, vellum and light. It's really cool and I'm pretty excited about it. It's the size of a whole room and it's light and airy and surreal and I would be really excited if everyone could come and see it.
 Since it would be impossible to sell this piece, I entreated my talented friend Doug Birkenheuer to take some photos of the piece that we might be able to sell as sort of documentation of the piece. You may agree that the photos are lovely pieces of art in their own right, which was my intention. I haven't yet priced them, but I have a feeling they're going to be a little high, since I'm trying to recoup my basic costs for being in this show.
 I will certainly be posting more details on my show later and sending out ample emails, friendster messages, myspace messages and perhaps even a craigslist bulletin before the show happens, but please save the date. They're charging $5 at the door, but I highly encourage sneaking in, if you can (please don't tell Anna I said that).
  Posted by Picasa