Thursday, April 13, 2006

Two Invites

Hey Friend,

I'm having two events very soon that I'd like to invite you to.

First, I'm involved in a group show that is closing on Friday April 21st.

The piece I've created is a sculptural installation using steel wire, vellum and light and spans the volume of a room. It's unlike anything I've done before. Because the installation is site specific, it won't be for sale and it will also be dismantled at the closing of the show. I will have three limited edition archive quality prints available for sale documenting the piece.

In the next post, there are images of this piece. Go ahead and scroll down.

As you can see from the images, the piece is totally unidentifiable in this format. The images are meant to be beautiful abstractions, capturing moments of space from the piece. The only way to experience the piece is in person.

Here is a link to the show's web postcard.

The second event I'm writing about is my birthday party. This will take place the following night at my apartment. Like last year, I waited too late to plan, so we'll be celebrating my birthday 11 days after it took place.

Please email me if you need my address. The party will begin at 8 pm.

I'm looking forward to seeing you. Hope you can make it.

Love,

Brian