Tuesday, May 25, 2004

So, I wonder if the artist Jemima Stehli was recently in the news or something. Observant readers will remember her piece from the Art Chicago 2004 review I made a while back. Her piece was the multiple color photographs of herself being watched by three different men while she took off her clothes. Anyway, her name has been googled several times and people have found my site as a result of it. Maybe she's just googling herself, because it was using several different search engines, though, then why would she keep opening my page?

_____________________

I posted a dream today and yesterday. They're short, but weird.

I wrote a little bit on the READING site, too.

On the FOUND blog, there's a snippet of a No Doubt song performed by this band Cat Fight, who were performing at the Mad Hatter's Ball on Saturday. The Mad Hatter's Ball is a fundraiser for the Looking Glass Theatre Company. Friends of the Foreit family are involved including this guy Joey Slotnick (sp?), who I guess is on the wildly popular show, Nip and Tuck, which I've never watched, but I guess it's on F/X. Could be wrong.

5 pieces of my artwork will be on display at the Loop Theatre, located at 8 East Randolph in Chicago, right across the street from Marshall Fields on State Street. The Loop Theatre is owned by the City of Chicago and they basically give the space away to applicants for about a month at a time every month. My friend Allen Conkle of Nomenil Productions has gotten the space and will be shaking that touristy mainstream area to its foundations for most of the month of June with the play Love Pollution. I strongly encourage everyone with the ability to go see this to do so (and look at my art). I will be helping him to transform the space over the next week, and the first official opening night is May 29th. There will be a 144 foot vortex of found and reused objects as a centerpiece to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Also, if you go to the nomenil site, you'll see a whole cornucopia of events that are going on at the space, including a performance by Chicago's Three Dollar Bill.