Friday, June 18, 2004

Last of NY?

There's a new dream that's pretty cool and I write about quantum physics and the nature of being on my reading blog, too.

More New York pictures.

I ran through New York, and all the time, this painted man followed me.



Then, he turned into a butterfly, and I took a picture of him on the asphalt. I just know he was destined to be smooshed because he was so small and people walked dangerously close, their heels ominous jaws of death for the former painted running man. It was only a matter of time...



If only he could have taken the form of this supermodel, and just runwayed away.



I think this is the fist picture I took when I got to New York. It reminded me of the Muppet, Gonzo.



I saw several pieces of public art in New York, including some stencilling, which will be of especial interest to telltalemichael.

Jackie-O


Panties


The Squid


Multiple Infinities (a paradox or no?)


And then there were some photos I took that I thought would be arty.

The Oranges


Composition with Sprinkler


Abstract on Sidewalk


Or one pic I had Joe take of me:


The last night I was in the city, we went out on the town. I saw a drag queen peeing in a urinal. She let me take a picture. Hot stuff.



It was light out on our way back to the hotel that morning. I took this picture from inside our cab.



My flight back to Chicago was delayed. The airport was interminably boring, so I'm giving you this equally boring sound clip of ambient noise in the airport.
this is an audio post - click to play
Fortunately I had my iPod, which practically saved my insanity --er, my sanity. Yes, that's it.

This picture was taken out the window on the plane on the way back to Chicago. You can just make out the lights of a small city if you try.