Friday, April 22, 2005

November Spawned a Monster

Sunday night I had a birthday party. It was pretty fun. There was a decent turnout. I got some cool presents. Most notably a Star Wars belt buckle and some tulips. Oh, and an Ugly Doll action figure. There was a keg that we didn't finish, but I turned thirty so the drinking is naturally being de-emphasized and most of my heavy-drinkin' friends don't live in Chicago anymore. I realized at about 2 in the morning that I hadn't taken a single picture. D'oh.

Special thanks go out to everybody who made it and a big fuck you to those who didn't.

Just kiddin'.

Mostly.

I went and saw my mom on Tuesday. It was a little heartbreaking to watch her try and make her legs move and struggle to walk and all that. She went in for a spinal tap yesterday, the results of which won't be in for a week or something, I'm told. I think my sister's kind of in denial about the situation because she kept saying things like, "I hope they find out what's wrong with her," and stuff like that. I mean, yes, it will help, but knowing what a problem is doesn't really solve anything. Not being able to walk is pretty serious and I don't think that they'll just have a pill that will make it go away.

She's probably in denial for good reason, as there's no one better qualified to take care of my mother than my sister if she needs that kind of care. Kind of sucks, but there's not much that can be done about it.

Last night I went to see Amityville Horror with Greg and John. It was good and scary. I screamed aloud, which made my companions laugh and got mentioned after the show. My opinion is that if I don't scream, I'm not getting my money's worth. Oh, and many scenes with Ryan Reynolds with no shirt didn't hurt, either.