Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Some different things

So, I am using a new kind of browser that's based off of Firefox and works in tandem with either flickr or photobucket (or both, but apparently not simultaneously). It is kind of exciting. It shows a little group of your most current photos in your pic hosting site and you can just drag and drop photos into the body of your blog (or a blog comment or whathaveyou). You can select from individual photo sets if you are an organized photo-keeper (which I am). This just made my blogging life a little easier, I think.

Firebird Band at Empty Bottle
I'm just gonna post a couple pictures from this show. It was a good show and all, but there was too much going on this week for me to dwell on it. You can go to my flickr (medallion on the top left) to find a whole photoset of this show.

I'll just say Chris' eye makeup makes him look a little like a freak and I think it's funny that he can't remember lyrics to songs he wrote himself (especially after I saw this crazy Japanese guy at the Bottle the night before play like a 15 minute drum solo-type song with no repeating parts).



I kinda liked this picture:

Oh, Stik came to this show, oddly enough. I tried to take a sly picture, but all I got was the top of his head and crazy light effects:


Dee's Birthday Karaoke!

The next night I met Dee and Frank and Adam out at The Closet for karaoke. I like karaoke pretty well, but I'm pretty bad at it. I don't have a lot of range and this night I don't think I chose the best songs. I opened with Pat Benatar's Love Is a Battlefield and, well, she's a chick and I'm not really in the right key, which makes me get all throaty. But it's a crowd pleaser, so that's good. My other two songs were R.E.M. Radio Free Europe and Sponge Plowed, a song which I played over and over the summer I bought it about, what was it? 8 years ago? More? Ugh, age.

Here're some pics of all of us.
Adam sings sultry:

Dee goes nuts:

Frank and Dee:

Here's me:

And here is this adorable deaf guy. I didn't realize he was deaf! Frank's like, "I think he's sort of deaf," and I laughed because he wasn't singing very well and sort of seemed like he was singing to himself. He was sooo cute though.




Did I mention Dee was crazy drunk?