Friday, December 03, 2004

busy busy

Firstly, there is a new found object.

Also, I had a dream last night that closely relates to the new book my friends and I are discussing on our book club blog called the Hipster Book Forum (click here to just go to what I wrote.

Wednesday night I went to see friends in three bands. Jinx and Garry in Jinx Titanic (formally Super 8 Cum Shot), Chriss Piss, Jane et al in Three Dollar Bill, and Mark Frietas in The Rotten Fruits. I've known Mark the longest of all of these but this is the first time I've ever seen any of his bands play. The Lickity Split Radical Cheerleaders were also present, bringing Queer Spirit and lots of fun.

Three Dollar Bill started the night. Here's a couple pics of them. I'm particularly fond of Chris' green guitar close-up.


Next up was Jinx Titanic. Crazy String is a staple of Jinx's. Here's a nice pic of their guitarist getting stringy wit it.

And then of course, there's Gary, as always rockin' it out like he always has in previous bands such as Polymer and Notaword.

There was this kind of insane guy standing next to me during Jinx Titanic's performance. He looked kinda like a skinny, skin-head Drew Carey. Turns out, he was the lead singer of The Rotten Fruits. He'd made quite a costume change when transforming from spectator to performer.

Here's a pic of me and the singer.

He was quite the performer, telling the audience to kill itself and stuff. He was also one of those pretty ugly people who revels in their own ugliness and shows it off. Here is a pretty explicit picture of his pimply ass, which he showed off quite often.